Monday, June 3, 2019

Kindergarten


So it's the end of the road for kindergarten for my baby!  That went fast....
But man did she CRUSH it.
Back in September I would say she was an average student- she was right on par with your 'normal' kindergarten student.
But now?  She's way ahead of the game and finished one of the top readers in her class.  And from what I can tell she's pretty darn good at math too. 

She's what I like to call ' a teacher's dream student.'  She listens, is attentive, pays attention, is a good friend, a great helper and never ever gets in trouble.  Whew- how did we get so lucky with three kids who fall in to that category at school?

Last week was her end of year party and I must admit I shed a few tears.   Her ROCKSTAR teacher gives out an award to each kid.  Hadley received the All-Star award for the entire class.   My little cutie could have received so many of the awards her teacher handed out and we are super proud of her.

But... academics aside- what I most proud of is her kindness.  Ms. Danson wrote a poem to the class and in the poem was a few lines to each student about what THEY taught her this year.  Ms. Danson wrote that Hadley taught her about kindness and how to be more inclusive.  Cue the tears....

My biggest hope for my girls is that they'll treat others with kindness and try their hardest not to be the cause of anyone else's sadness.  Sounds like we are off to a great start. 

Here's Ri's end of year party with the SAME teacher- so so sweet. 

http://jackandriley.blogspot.com/2013/06/way-to-go.html  

Really looking forward to seeing her growth next year.  












No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails