Monday, June 22, 2015

Third Child


You know those 'things people say' about the 'third child?'

Like they are risk-takers, daring, trouble at times, full of life?

Yep- that's our Hizzy.   She's been crazy lately.  Like jumping off furniture, spitting food, screaming at will kind of crazy.

Wears me out. 

At least she's napping like a rock star and sleeping until 7:30-8:00 every morning.  

I'll tell you about today in a minute.

But first- she's super into band-aids and boo boos lately.    The conversation goes like this: 

Haddie:  Mommy.  Ook.  (Look).
Me:  Yes, Haddie.
Haddie:  I fall down.  Boo Boo.  Ouch.  Need band-aid. 
Me:  (kiss her 'boo boo' and give her a band-aid).  


And she is super into Legos. 
She'll look at us and say. "I pay Yegos." (I play Legos).  And she runs upstairs to pilfer through the tubs.  
Jack's been creating some neat creations himself.  It's a bit nostalgic watching him build Legos.  



And then there's today. 

First of all, she went to bed at 8:15 last night and I had to wake her at 8:15 this A.M.  Major sleeping going on for her lately.  

So when I put her to bed at 1:30 for her nap I figured she'd play for a while.  
Little did I know that she'd take a dump and smear it all over her crib. 
And for good measure wipe some on her face. 


I heard her playing around but never checked the monitor because she didn't cry.  
The funniest part was Jack went into her room to get her up from her nap and yelled down to me…"Mom- her room smells like crap and there's something all over her crib."


Oh Haddie- I cringe to think what your teenage years are going to do to me.
I better keep you busy and involved in lots of things.  I have a feeling that downtime will be nothing but trouble. 

And for good measure I leave you with this….


Until next time….

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails