Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How are YOU?


I get that question a lot. 
How are YOU?

(Usually the person asking has their eyebrows raised - like waiting for me to say something like "It's horrible.  I don't have time to shower.  My house is a wreck.  Blah blah blah." )

But really - it's going pretty good. 

I mean - look at this face?  
How can one complain?


Tankalicious (or Hadley) is just fine. 
She gets fussy around dinner time and fights the bottle at times (preferring the boob) but I really can't complain. 
Rarely, very rarely, can I not sooth her.   
She likes to be held.   But what 7 week old baby doesn't like to be held. 
She loves the Baby Bjorn and at any time we can toss her in that and she's good to go. 

She's a tank. 
Or at least I think she is.
She goes on the 10th for her two month check up and then we'll know exactly how much she weighs but I'm guessing she's pushing 11 or 12 pounds already. 
Her torso is super long - she already is wearing 3-9 month Gerber onsies. 
They must be made small! 
She is about to go into size 2 diapers. 
She smiles at us all the time. 
She chews on the side of her hand, even finding her thumb a few times. 
She doesn't fill her diaper every hour or so anymore - which is nice. 
A 'big' bottle is 4 ounces - occasionally she eats 5.  
She nurses 5-6 times a day but always, always needs a couple of ounces afterwards to fill her belly up. 

We are all adjusting. 
Bedtime is hard when i am on my own b/c Mae takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to go to sleep. 
Between bath, nursing, bottle, pooping, more bottle and soothing her to sleep it easily takes an hour. 
 I don't have high expectations of myself around dinner time. 
I don't foresee myself being much help at the beach this summer during dinner time. 
I guess I'll have to pull my weight in the kitchen during breakfast!  
But it's fine and all temporary- the kids are great and understand.  
Once school is out on the 10th bedtime will be easier. 
We won't be so scheduled. 

I forgot how lonely it is having a newborn though. 
I used to have lunch with friends at least one or two times a week.
Not anymore. 
It's just Haddie and I - running errands and sticking around the house. 
I wont' be lonely for much longer since summer is about to kick in so I guess I better enjoy it while I can. 
I miss volunteering at the school. I miss being in Ri's class once a week and reading with those sweet 5 and 6 year olds. 
I have a sitter lined up for Thursdays in the fall so I can get back into volunteering a little bit. 

So - that's how WE are....

Until next time....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails