Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coming to a Close

It's hard to believe summer time is winding down, slowly but surely.
I'm not sure where the summer went- but it's close to being gone.

It's quite bitter sweet.
The hustle and bustle of the school year is predictable, scheduled and easier to manage.
The slow days of summer are relaxing, filled with family time, invigorating and fun.
But.
The hustle and bustle of the school year stretches me to the limits, forces bedtimes, homework, driving here and there and less time for friends.
The slow days of summer my kids seem to fight more and I (who can't sit around the house AT ALL) find myself conjuring up all kinds of things to do when we're not at the beach - or in camps.

Alas- two weeks from today school is back in session.
That means PTO kicks back in.

And I signed up to be a consultant with Thirty-One Gifts.
Call me crazy, like I have nothing else to do, but this one is for me.
A little money in the bank, connecting with women at parties and a product I love.
9 parties already booked and more coming down the pipeline. Needless to say I am P.U.M.P.E.D.
These women are full of encouragement and celebrations, and it helps that my director is also a dear friend of mine from years back.

So - the race toward the end of summer is on.
Jack had a sleepover last night. I'm sure he'll have at least one more.
(His sister keeps talking about having one too).
Reading is back in full swing - for both kids.
Splash Math on the iPad has seen lots of use.
(Much to Jack's chagrin).
We'll hit the pool some more.
I'll drag the kids to PTO things.
I'll host some Thirty-One parties.
And family will come in town this weekend for a Giants/Panthers preseason game.

August 25th will be here before we know it- like it or not.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails