Thursday, September 23, 2010

Linking and Missing


A while back I added this LinkWithIn thingie to my blogs- it 'features' three blogs that may (or may not) have something to do with the most recent blog I have written.

It's fun for me to click on those blogs and take a look back. It's kinda like a trip down memory lane for me.

Well- the other day, my LinkWithIn had this post.

And this was the picture that was featured for that post:


Man- I miss him.

I miss his companionship.

I miss his patience with children.

I miss his presence in our house.

I miss his stinky breath :).

I miss him licking the crumbs off the kitchen floor.

I miss hearing him click clack his paws up the stairs in the middle of the night- when he would finally decide to join us upstairs.

I miss him 'talking' to his neighbor friends.

I miss his protection.

I just plain old miss him.

Time has made it easier but the kids still ask about him or mention him almost daily. Riley and I still read Dog Heaven and talk about him a lot.

I am ready for another dog- or at least to begin the process. I don't think Todd is. I am not sure if he ever will be. But we must get another one. Our children need to grow up with the companionship only a furry pet brings. So I must tread these waters lightly with Daddy. His heart was broken and I get it.

We'll see what happens.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails