Monday, March 8, 2010

The last one falls...


In the span of seven days the stomach bug worked it's way around our house - finally hitting Todd over the weekend. Thankfully- I think (and pray to God) we're all done w/ laundry, Clorox, Lysol, more laundry, scrubbing, etc.... Ri even christened my new car. Sweet.


This weekend was spring-like and downright beautiful. We spent a lot of time outside... Ri started to hone her newfound photography skills...


taking pictures of the inside of the mailbox...

reveling in her new talent....


and all along pretending to be me.


She held on to dear life to my old point and shoot Canon....


fearful that her brother would take it back and half the time had no earthly clue what she was photographing.


But I did.


Our backyard is in shambles- it needs a spring make-over. It's been at least since December since we've hung out in the backyard. Flowers are dead. Cobwebs are rampant and the leaf-blower needs a solid workout. But- the kids went to town...


hanging out in the sandbox, zipping down the slides, realizing all of the balls were flat...


and doing some more swinging.


And making sure to holler: "MOM- puulleeaaasse stop taking my picture!!!" (Sorry bud- ain't gonna happen.)


So he gave up and played in the sand...


being more annoyed with his wannabeprofessionalphotographer momma...


and finally succumbed to my wishes!


Until next time...

1 comment:

JLMattson said...

My girls LOVE having their hands on the camera too. When I get my good one back, we have decided to give Em my old one. Ashley in particular is a great little photographer....amazing. You will have to post some of Ri's photos....or is the one of the swing chain hers?

Related Posts with Thumbnails