Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My girl is turning two.

I’ve said before that I am super lucky to have a mom who scraps for me. She makes these elaborate scrapbooks that I will treasure for years and years.

Once the kids hit the age of one she makes them one a year (or tries to at least). At the beginning of each scrapbook she includes a letter or poem that I have written to each child about the previous year.
So- since my big girls turns the big T-W-O this Sunday I thought I’d go ahead and sit down and write her a poem. I’ll share it w/ y’all now.




It’s hard to believe how fast the last year has gone, my dearest Riley
You’ve grown into such a big girl who laughs, giggles, talks, cries and simply completes our family.

One year ago you were babbling and crawling all over the floor
And now you’re a chatterbox, big enough to open every door.

You started preschool at the tender age of 14 months, shortly after turning one
I second guessed myself for sending you, but boy- did you ever have fun.

You love to read, play babies, cook in your kitchen and jump on furniture- especially the couch
You’re usually nice to your friends, but once in a while you hit- which lands you in time out.

You had many ear infections and ended up w/ tubes- which made mommy happy
But you’ve developed an aversion to doctors and throw fits around them like a crazy lady.

Your two most favorite things of all are your Raffe and your big brother Jack.
You two love each other dearly, even when fighting over snacks.
So- your second year of life is coming to an end.
I look forward to a lifetime together, my daughter, my friend.

I love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails