Saturday, November 10, 2007

First 'real' haircut







Riley had her first 'real' haircut this week. By 'real' I mean that we took her to a cute little kids place and had her hair cut.
Last December I cut the sides of her hair because she was growing a kickin' side mullet. It was super short when I finished and I didn't want that to happen again. Knowing that she would never sit still for me I thought it would be best to have a professional cut her hair. It's gotten long and the sides were once again longer than the back, so it was time.

Our appt. was at 11 so we showed up and the hairdresser told her to put her in this little car. This place has TV's at each station for the kids to watch TV too. I had to hold her hands b/c the car didn't have straps and it's way off the ground. Hello- get some straps. It's a super cute place, but a total rip off. It cost $16.00 before tip and a hairbow I bought for a total of $23.00 for literally less than 5 minutes of this ladies time.

On with the cut. The lady (didn't get her name) sprayed RiRi's hair and combed it out, after putting this cute cape on her. She wasn't too happy and began to stand in the car (hint-hint- get some straps). I kept sitting her back down and she was not having any of that. The lady said, "Would a sucker work?" Humm- let me think about that? My 16 month old has never had a sucker so I have no idea. Well- she got a pink sucker and oh my beejesus- did Riley love it or what? She was so focused on the little sucker that she forgot she was getting her hair cut. The lady finished up in another 2 minutes or so and we were done.
Here are some pics....

The day before in a dress I just had to show y'all!

Right before the cut.

She is not happy.

Bring on the sucker!

A little bit happier now.

This morning, getting driven around by Mr. Jackman.

By the way- Jack is getting his hair cut this afternoon - by me! I am his hairdresser.

Until next time....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails