Sunday, September 16, 2007

PG

PG- as in pyogenic granuloma.

That's what our little sweet pea has to have removed from her face in two weeks. You can see it in the pics below. It's the little red spot next to her nose.




She had one in the spring and scraped it off in her crib early one morning, prompting a quick trip to the ER b/c we couldn't get it to stop bleeding. It didn't return for a few months but then sometime in July it started to return. I finally got in to see the dermatologist last Friday and he told us what it is, that PG name thingie.
Anyway- we have to return a week from this Friday and have it removed. I was told to bring someone w/ me b/c it might be traumatic for RiRi (and myself for that matter.) Todd was able to block his schedule off , thankfully, so I don't have to do it alone. The whole process it quite easy (numbing cream that has to sit for 30 minutes and then over the course of a few seconds they give her a shot in her face and scrape it off.) Of course, the whole time we have to hold her and console her. I don't look forward to it.
It's nothing for us to worry about and hopefully it won't grow back. They do send the thingie off to the lab to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.
Sooo- I'll be sure to write a post about it after it's all done.
Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails