Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back safe and sound

I made it back last night, around 8:15. The trip was fabulous, a gentle mix of tourism, relaxation, shopping and dining out.

Santa Fe is by far the most cultural place I have visited, although that is not saying much for me since I haven't done much traveling- none oversees, yet. It is filled with Pueblos and authentic Mexican restaurants, pottery and turquoise, museums and galleries. I was able to steal a bit of R and R here and there. I am not much of a shopper so I called it quits one afternoon and hung around our delightful B and B while Gretchen and Tracy shopped some more. It was so nice to sit on the patio and read the paper while sipping homemade lemonade and listening to Mother Nature.


The food was devine, to say the least. I ate a REAL enchilada, unbelievable. The atmosphere at Cafe Pasquals, where I ate the enchilada, was perfect. I felt transformed to another country. We ate dinner one night on a rooftop and had a great view while we sipped Margaritas and ate Carne Asada. Yummm- I feel full just thinking about it. Our last night took us to El Meson, a restaurant/bar that holds an amateur tango night on Tuesday's. We enjoyed yummy tapas while watching a variety of couples tango across the dance floor.
We window shopped in many galleries, where the price tags on most pieces began in the thousands. I bought some beautiful pottery for our house and some fun stuff for the kids. Tuesday we hit the spa where we were wrapped in Adobe mud and then pampered with a fabulous pedicure. Needless to say, it was a great trip.
I came home to Riley having another ear infection. She's been clear all summer, but not anymore. My mom took her to the Dr. yesterday and they got her started on her meds last night, poor thing. One more and she gets tubes. Jack was great and I talked to him twice a day. Todd and my mom held things together quite well. I knew they would and didn't worry a bit.
Now- it's off to bed early tonight- I am pooped and ready to get some zzz's.
Here are some pics...



A view from White Rock overlook.


One of the many pics I took at Bandelier National Monument, home of a huge Native American Pueblo.



Some of the natives lived in the side of the canyons in these holes. Crazy huh?

Battleship Rock.

Mother Nature does wonders out west- the lack of water doesn't stop beautiful flowers from blooming. Here is just one of many, many shots I took.

A national preserve, made from a volcano eruption many, many long years ago.

These red chiles are a staple in Santa Fe- hanging just about everywhere, in all shapes and sizes.

Where we stayed, the El Farolito B and B.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails