Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sneaky Little Devil

Todd and I both received a bag of M and M's with our last name on them in our stockings this year. They're actually kind of cute. They're blue and cream and each one has Milligan written on them. I put them in our pantry, up near the other baking things and forgot about them.

Today, while Jack and I were eating lunch at the breakfast bar he said, "Mommy, what's that?" I had no idea what he was talking about and pretty much ignored him. He repeated himself and I replied, "Not sure Jack, can't see from this angle. What are you talking about?"

Well, he hops down from the bar stool, walks over to the pantry, Spidermans himself up the shelf, retreives one of the bags and brings it to me.

Ahhh. I see. He wants some candy. (Shocker.) I tell him he can have a few if he finishes his chicken. Meanwhile, we go about our business with lunch. I finish and Riley starts to get fussy. I told Jack I'd be back in a minute. I needed to go feed Riley a couple of ounces and pop her into bed. (He is always very good about busying himself when I need to do this. He's never been ornery and usually plays or watches Diego.)

I'm upstairs feeding Riley and Jack yells up that he wants some M and M's. I scream down to him that if he finishes his lunch he can have a few. No reply. In fact, the next few minutes were silent.

The next thing I see is Jack walking into Riley's room with M and M's in his hand. He had taken the bag of M and M's and gone up to his playroom, used his little kid scissors to open the bag and helped himself. Kinda smart of him I guess. I can't really blame him.

This is all after I found him in the playroom this morning feeding our dog Frito's that he once again grabbed out of the pantry while I was feeding Riley in her room.

I guess this is what happens when you keep a kid home from preschool as a precaution for being "sick." He's fine and will return on Friday!

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails