Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back in Time



Recently I put a link to my blog on Ri's iPad and she absolutely LOVES to read it and look through the pics and videos.   
She loves even more to click on the 'old' blogs at the bottom of each blog and 'go back in time.' 
I love 'going back in time' as well. 

Here are a few of my favorite memories and pictures from 'back in time.' 









A JACK MEMORY:

NOVEMBER 2006

"There's a hole in it, mommy."

That is Jack's reason for not pooping in the potty. He's scared of the "hole." Not sure if he means the actual seat, or the hole that things flush down. But I swear, potty training should be one of those parenting things that you can rent out, like a rent-a-potty-trainer or something. Number one, or peeps in our house, was super easy. I waited until August, a couple of weeks before preschool started. 

(BTW- I had already been given "The Letter." This letter was from the director of Jack's preschool addressed to all parents of rising three year olds that requested all kids be potty trained by this October. Never thought we'd make it w/ the move and baby, but we did.)

I went to Target and bought Jack a bunch of little toys (cars and dinos), wrapped them up in cool wrapping paper, andput them in a basket. This was our "potty basket." Everytime Jack went peeps in the potty he was able to get a toy. Day one he went twice in the potty, twice outside and twice in his shorts (something about the number two). Day two he went 11, yes ELEVEN, times and went through all the toys. We then went to Skittles. After a few days he had it down.

Not so fast on number two. He asks me, "Mommy I need a diaper." Then we go get one, put it on and he scurries off to some unknown corner of the house to take a poop. Yes, I know, it's a bit ridiculous, but he won't go on the toilet. We tried to go cold turkey for a week, but he withheld for three days and then went in his drawers four times in three days. UGHHHHHH
So, we are back to diapers.

The funniest is yesterday he came up to me and said, "Mommy, I have something for you." I repsonded, "What is it Jack?" From behind his back he pulls out a diaper. You think this was a clue for me? Yep. 

So, our saga continues. Number two training sucks. Just. Plain. Sucks.

Wish us luck.
Until next time...

~~~~~~~~~~

A RILEY MEMORY

THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 2007

Across the room

That would be-

walking across the room.

Yes- our daughter, Miss Lazy Bones herself, just walked across the room, without prompting from me, on her own.

HORRRRAAAYYYY-

She'll be 14 months on the 29th, so don't you think it's about time?

She's been taking a few steps (2, 3, 4 or 5 at best) periodically this week. Sometimes we prod her along, other times she just does it by herself. 

Just thought I'd let ya know.

Until next time...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails