Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Five Years Ago


Five years ago life looked much different. 
We had a 16 month old, 4 year old and a dog named Kody.
Jack was in preschool three AM's a week and Ri was enjoying her two AM's a week in the one-year old class. 
We spent a crazy amount of time at the park, the kids weren't in any nighttime activities, I read a real newspaper, drove a Suburban and didn't have a Twitter feed. 

Dare I say life was simpler?
I don't know. 
I do feel at times that I am burning the candle at both ends. 
But....
I thank God every day that I can stay home with my kids, volunteer at their school and get them off the bus every day.  
I wouldn't change a thing. 
It's all about finding the balance. 

A now- a few pictures of where we were in our lives five years ago. 

So typical of Ri five years ago.  She loved to throw all of the couch pillows on the floor, have me turn on  the music and jam out.  It was her own bouncy house- right in the playroom. 

Not sure what was going on here- looks like Jack was trying to keep her on the chair so I could take a posed pic.  Guess it didn't work out too well. 

First haircut- oops. I guess the sucker didn't help much.  

Does Jack have fangs?  Ha- His front teeth used to stick out some b/c he sucked his thumb for EVER.  

Speaking of thumb - you see it there?  Locked and loaded, ready to suck.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails