Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Vault


So I ran across this blog post recently.
It made me chuckle.
It's from February, 2009.  
Three and a half years ago. 

~~~~~~~~

Seems that Miss Priss is in no hurry what so ever to wear big girl underwear. 

ARGHHHHHH

This a.m. she did not want a diaper on. Okay. So we threw on her Dora undies. 

I then tried to put her pants on. Nope. She thought wearing underwear was good enough. Sheseriously did not want her pants put back on.

SoooooI let her run around in her Dora undies and she used the potty three times this morning. It was close to time to leave to take Jack to school and Ri still did not want to put on a diaper. 

Alrighty then.

So- we leave the house w/ our trusty friend Dora and NO DIAPER (on her at least). In her gym bag (the bag she takes into childwatch while I work out) was a full change of clothes,dipes, wipes and socks. I even purposely put her in Crocs in case she made a mess down her legs. 

We talk in the car quite a bit about telling mommy if she has to go potty. It's as if I am a broken record saying it over and over. I tell her that she needs to go potty once we get to the school or we have to put a diaper on. Humpfh. Yeah right.

We get to school, drop Jack off and head into the bathroom. NO DICE! She is afraid of the toilet. She says to me: Mommy- it smells. I don't like it. 

What?

Ok- so we head to the gym after running a quick errand. It's been an hour and a half since she went to the bathroom. She's a drinkaholic so she fills up a diaper quick! Again- at the gym she's afraid of the potty.

She is afraid of the public potty. So I put her diaper on and she did not care. Argh. 

Lord have Mercy. I plan on going gold turkey once school is out in May if she hasn't done it by then. Wish me luck.


~~~~~~~~~~

This story is SOOO Riley. 
She still has a sensitive nose (just like me) and promptly tells me all the time when something doesn't smell right. 

I don't specifically remember the Dora underwear incident but I vividly remember her REFUSING to go the bathroom anywhere in public. 
It was quite obnoxious.  
Fast forward almost 6 months later and we went to the Vineyard that summer.  She STILL wasn't going to bathroom in public.  She never had pee pee accidents but she she would not sit on a toilet.  
It took her until she was three years and almost two months old to feel confident enough to do it!

Oh Riley.... 

On another note- she is loving kindergarten.

She gets off the bus and tells me who got on 'yellow'- I guess you want to be on green all day.
She also told me they didn't have the big loud alarm yet (fire drill).  I guess her teacher is prepping them. 
She's in the allergy class (one for every grade) so she can't bring anything w/ peanuts or tree nuts or anything processed in  a peanut / tree nut plant.   UGH!  It makes for a challenge packing snacks and lunches.  

She started tumbling and already doesn't want to go back. 
She says "I can't do it.  It's too hard."
Well- news flash.  None of the girls can do a back walkover yet. 
She doesn't like to do anything unless she is good at it- just like her brother. 
Well- that is reason enough to make her keep going.  

Until next time...

1 comment:

Smilen Champ said...

Hi

My name is Jenna. your kids are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel, Your kids are full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.

I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

I wrote this poem

Each of us are Special

Each of us different,

No one is the same

Each of are us are unique in our own way,

Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

It doesn't matter what others say

we are special anyway.

What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails