Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Some Thoughts


Riley has been practicing her cartwheels like it's her job.
Twisting and turning her body over and over again.
She even has her brother doing them too.
A few weeks ago she was pretty terrible.
I must say she's come a long way.
She is one determined young lady.

She says to me on Sunday-
"Mom- I can do a round off."
Really?
Turns out she can.
I guess the babysitter taught her on Saturday night because Lord knows I'm not flipping my old body around like that anymore.

The Season of Sickness is upon us.
Luckily I'm the only one who's been affected.
For the first time in my life (I think) I lost my voice yesterday.
It may have had a little to do with all of the hooting and hollering I did Saturday night celebrating a dear friends 40th birthday.
But it's more likely it had more to do with my soar throat, runny nose and just general yuckiness I've had since last week.
I'm hoping it's on it's way out the door.
Thankyouverymuch.

Jack was one of 8 or 9 second graders picked to be pulled out once a week for Challenge Math.
Of course we're super proud of him.
He's quietly proud of himself as well.
He needs to be challenged so I hope it works out well.
I've been volunteering in his class some during writing time.
I really do enjoy it. It makes me miss teaching.
Just not that much.

Baseball finishes up soon.
We're ready for some basketball.
Hopefully he gets on a team with some of his baseball buddies.
We'll know next week.

Here are a few pics of Jack in a challenge game a couple of weeks ago:



Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails