Thursday, August 25, 2011

Second Grade


Dear Jack-

I cannot believe you start SECOND grade today.
When did you go and grow up on me?
You've had a great summer full of friends, family, baseball and fun, but now it's time to get back into the real world.

We met your teacher Tuesday. Jackpot. She is the teacher I was hoping you'd get. She's young, will challenge you, is organized, communicates, etc... all the things I think you need (and some that mommy needs). You have a great class and some great kids. Your friend Maddie Twillmann- the 1st friend you had in Charlotte- is in your class! There are some great boys that you'll have lots of fun on the playground with.

You hopped out of bed this morning, so excited to go to school.
That makes me happy.
You love school.
I'm not sure if it's the 'shooting hoops' or 'chasing girls at recess' or whatever- but you love it!
School should be full of good memories.

This morning you had a little Swisher time after breakfast.


A few minutes of "Quick Pitch" before you left. I guess you had to get an update in the MLB world??


All you wanted was some more Under Armor shirts. I guess I'm going to have to be on the look out for some long sleeve shirts for the winter.


And of course you had to have an Under Armor backpack. Long gone are the days of monogrammed Lands End bags- :(.


And the shoes. Ugh--- I snapped this picture in hopes that in 20 years you and I will look back at this blog and you'll say "Mom- what was I thinking wearing high black socks and black sneakers?" That's exactly what I think now- but hey- that's what boys are wearing these days - I guess.


Enjoy your day my dear. Have a great time. Listen. Learn. Make some new friends. Catch up with old friends. Tell me all about it when you get home.


Your sis and I are going to get our toes done and run errands!
We'll see you at 2:00.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails