Thursday, July 14, 2011

Game. Set. Match.



Sometimes I worry about Riley.
You know- 2nd child.
Older brother is cute, smart, athletic.
Blah. Blah. Blah.

And she's been super clingy lately.
Holding my hand E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. we go.
Always wanting to know where I am.
She's been a worry wart lately about being left somewhere. Or us leaving without Jack.
Etc....

We hope all these little idiosyncrasies are just a phase, like thumb sucking or things of that nature.

So - when I asked her if she wanted to do a tennis camp at the beach this summer she seemed eager.
But - she sometimes 'acts' like she's excited about something, only to be super shy in unfamiliar situations. And when that super shyness comes out - she doesn't participate like I know she can.

Tennis camp is this week.
Monday - Thursday for an hour.
Ten 4 and 5 year olds learning the bare bones basics.
Needless to say I was nervous FOR HER.

But- those nerves were for nothing.
She LOVES it.
In fact- she's the best 'little' girl out there.
Her coach couldn't believe that the first time she picked up a racket was the first day of her camp.
She knows how to hit forehanded and backhanded. It's the sweetest thing.

I wasn't able to see her first two camps b/c of Jack's baseball tournament - but I went yesterday and it was so adorable.
We even signed her up for another camp back home.

Maybe she'll stick with it!!










Of course I had to take a little video:


Until next time...

1 comment:

Juliana said...

so sweet! especially the picture of her face in the racquet hahah

Related Posts with Thumbnails