Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Way Back When


The vault has been opened. A vault from 30 plus years ago. Ouch.

My Mom brought a few photo albums up to Charlotte a few weeks back and I went through them recently.

This is another reason I LOVE technology! Scan these babies in to my computer and zip them right onto my blog in a matter of seconds.

So - here's a glimpse of me waaayyy back when.

Circa February 1974
I was just a mere few weeks or so old.
I must say I was a cute little thing :).
Cute pants Mom.


Circa 1976
I was about 2 years old.
Oh dear Lord.
A bowl cut Mom?
I am so thankful that my daughter was born with 'good hair.'
No bowl cuts for her.
And- where were these taken? JC Penny?
Please do not get me started on JC Penny photos!



Circa 1977.
I was three.
And yes- I cut my own hair.
My brother was born in 1977 - maybe I was exhibiting some jealousy behaviors??
I do not have any recollection of this incident but my mom has reminded me of it many times.
I am eternally thankful that Riley has not done this.
Yet.
And- check out that couch.
Wow!


Circa 1979
I was 5.
So here's the bowl cut- just a bit longer in the back.
Kinda like a mullet cut combined with bangs.
Can I tell you I despise bangs?
I know they are all the rage but we won't be having bangs in this house.
I don't remember taking this picture.
I don't remember the outfit.
I do remember that piece of pottery in the bottom right of the photo.


Maybe the vault will reopen again soon!

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails