Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend Interrupted

I guess when you go away for three and a half days and make plans for most of the time while you're away something is bound to interrupt those plans, right?

Well- illness (what else could it be for the Milligan clan) interrupted our weekend, but we still had a great time.

We headed down to Columbia Thursday around lunchtime and I dropped the kids off with my mom. Luckily for me, my college friend Kelley had a ticket for the USC/UK game and I was able to go. It was great, despite the rain. It sprinkled on our tailgating, but we had a tent so it didn't matter, and by the time we made it into the game the rain ceased and we had a great time. Plus, the Gamecocks won, making them 5-1 for the first time in many, many years. What's even scarier is USC is on top of the SEC East for the first time- it's kind of weird seeing my alma mater atop FL/TN/GA in the polls. South Carolina is ranked number 7 in the AP Poll. Crazy, I must say.

I woke up Friday feeling super achey so I skipped out on the zoo and my mom took the kids. She said they had a fabulous time, and thank goodness they were good. I slept most of the a.m. and felt better as the day wore on. We hit up Target w/ my Dad so he could get Jack some b-day goodies and then had a quick bite at Carrabas (one of the only two chain restaurants that actually has good food)!

On Saturday I planned to do a breast cancer walk w/ another college friend but slept late b/c I still wasn't 100%, but was able to join them for a delicious lunch. Meanwhile Jack began coughing that morning, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

We headed downtown Saturday afternoon to spend some time with Jack and Riley's cousins, (2nd cousins) Sophie and Izzy, who were in town w/ the UK volleyball team. Uncle Craig's the head coach and they played USC on Sunday. While we were hanging out in their hotel Jack's cough got worse and worse and he began to wheeze. Wouldn't you know that our nebulizer was back home in Charlotte. I could tell we needed it or we'd end up in the ER at some point Saturday night.

Soooo- Jack and I headed back to Charlotte to get him a breathing treatment and he felt much better. We stuck around the house yesterday, missing the volleyball match, but Jack feels much better today.

I guess next time I go away I won't make too many plans, then nothing will be interrupted.

BTW- Todd had the time of his life w/ his buddies, saying it was the best trip yet. They all got tickets into the LSU/FLA game and all made it home safe and sound.

Until next time....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails