Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Another Writer in the Family


So it's no secret that I love to write.... sadly I don't have the time (or make the time) to write much anymore.  But I've always loved poetry... it makes me happy.  I love to write it and teaching it was my absolute favorite. 

So when Riley came home today and shared these with me I was LOVING IT!! 

5th Grade Poems
Riley Milligan



Ode To Hadley

You are the sunshine,
To my darkness.
You are the smiling rainbow,
To my frightened clouds.
You are the marsh,
To my mallow.
You make me happy,
When skies are gray.
And if there is one thing I need,
It will always be you!!
When I feel down,
You cheer me up.
When I need help with my homework,
You are there for me too.
Whenever I want to read you books,
And snuggle with me too,
You sit in my lap,
And say,
“Ri I love you”
“Aww I love you too”





Inside This Rock

Inside this rock,
Crystal clear waters
Splashing,
Aromas of waters,
Hitting my nose
Inside this rock,
Millions of droplets,
Fill my eyes with,
Excitement
Inside this rock,
Spring arises,
As I hear the birds,
Chirping,
Chirping,
Chirping,
Inside this rock,
Creatures,
Slithering past me as walk,
The beautiful,
Niagara Falls,
Inside this rock,
A voice appears to me,
“HAHAHAHA”








I am…

I am a sad leaf,
Falling to the cold, hard ground.
I am the glistening ocean,
My ferocious waves,
Crashing to the soft,
Squishy floor.
I am a cloud,
Saying hello and goodbye,
To the creatures that pass me.
I am a bird sadly flapping my wings,
Whimpering,
Trying to find my mom.
I am a sad, tiny droplet,
Falling from the tall sky.
I am the sun that shines at you.
I am the nasty, cold, hard rain,
Falling ferociously on you,
I am the never ending rainbow,
That you’ll never reach












I am from…
I am from 1041 Antioch Woods Lane
Hustling up tall frightening magnolia trees,
Running, catching bugs,
Swimming with friends,
Throwing tennis balls left and right,
Chasing my dog everywhere,
Burning of heat

I am from trips to Aruba
Swimming in crystal clear water,
Jumping, boogie boarding,
In big tall waves,
Saltwater in my mouth,
Singing and dancing,
Catching fish,
Throwing them at each other

I am from Calais Ave.
Working with Poppy,
Sewing with Gammy,
Jumping into cold pools,
Playing pool tag,
Driving golfcarts,
Hitting trash cans,
Walking dogs,
Having Mom’s sweet apple pie

I am from North Carolina,
Home of the Hornets,
Shooting baskets,
Flying with the state bird,

The big red Cardinal

Seriously- where did she get this from? I am so proud of her creativity and her depth of writing. Way to go Ri!!!

Oh - and Hadley has been practicing her songs for her VERY LAST Christmas program... I video taped her singing the other night while we were out looking at Christmas lights. It was dark and you can't see anything but you can sure hear her! Hilarious.


Daredevil!



Until next time.....


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails