Sunday, November 3, 2013

This and That



It's Sunday morning, 9:30 a.m.
Hadley is down for her 2nd nap - yes 2nd.  
She was up at 5:15 (time change). 
But she slept all night for the 3rd night in a row! 
Woohoo.
Thursday night she woke for a few minutes and cried. 
Friday night she cried for about 30 minutes - and really cranked it out the last few minutes. 
Last night she woke for just a few minutes. 
Not too bad for Baby Boot Camp. 
Now we need to readjust their little bodies to sleeping a little later. 
Jack was even up at 5:30 ish. 
Riley?  Who knows- she's across the street with her friend having a sleepover and I haven't seen her since yesterday. 
I hope they didn't wake the house up too early with their giggles. 

The boys are on another hike this AM. 
Yesterday was so beautiful - Todd took the big kids on a hike in the woods down the street from us. 
Of course Ri complained half way through so they didn't last too long. 
Jack couldn't wait to go back again.   He loves that kind of stuff - just doesn't get to do it very often. 

Yesterday the big kids and Todd (how is it they get to have all the fun :)) ) went over to our neighbors to smoke some salmon and hang out for the afternoon. 
Once Hadley woke from her nap we walked down to say hello. 
The boys were in the POOL!
November 3rd - swimming in the pool.  
Insanity. 
Ri spent some time in their hot tub - at least that was warm. 
Hope they don't get sick!

~~~

Something for my memory:



A few days ago Ri was drawing and asked me how to spell 'beautiful.'  I told her and moved on- not thinking anything of it.  
The drawing above is what she showed me. 
I seriously almost cried. 
I talk to her so much about loving herself and believing in herself.  We talk about how important it is to love yourself before you love anyone else.   I want her to be strong and confident.   It's so easy for girls to doubt themselves and look for validation in unhealthy ways.  

So when I saw this drawing it made me so happy.  I have never seen her write anything like that and it came out of no where. 

I hope she truly feels that way and will continue to do so. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails