Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer is Close


Tomorrow is the last day of preschool for Riley.
The last time I will drive down Weddington Road, turn left towards Matthews and take a right into the church.
The last time I will 'walk' her into school.

I remember the day I got the call that Jack had been accepted to the preschool.  I was so excited for him.  He still plays with a couple of the boys he met while in preschool. 

I remember vividly the day almost seven years ago when Jack first went.  He was almost two.   He had to wear a shirt that snapped on the bottom because he kept playing with his nether regions.  

And Riley's first day?  She could barely walk.  She was just over 14 months old and wobbled herself right into Mrs. Linz's classroom.  That was almost five years ago.

And here we are - Riley is a month shy of six and Jack closing in on turning nine in the fall.

Craziness. 

We spent the afternoon at the pool for the first time.
Ri played, swam like a fish, and 'got a sunburn' - I think she meant suntan. 
Jack brought his buddy JP and they played catch off the diving board with the lifeguard.  

Summer is upon us. 
Two more weeks of school for Jack. 
I can't wait until it's over!















Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails