Friday, July 16, 2010

Give a Kid A Swimming Pool


So we've been battling the rain here this week.

Monday: gorgeous.
Tuesday: rain and thunder all afternoon.
Wednesday: rain and thunder all afternoon.
Thursday: you got it. More of the same.

According to the rain 'checker' in the yard- we had about 6 inches of rain. Yesterday. Yikes.

But- that's not stopping these four cousins from having fun. During these afternoon rain storms they've been busying themselves with Tom and Jerry cartoons, their DS games, puzzles, board games, crayons, reading to each other (jack and Ava). The girls have even somehow conned Jack into playing Dr/House/School with all of the dolls they brought from home. I guess that's what happens when you're the only boy. Sorry Jack.

I have been going a bit stir crazy though. When I am at the beach I like to be ON the beach. I can sit around in my house in Charlotte. So immediately following dinner last night we grabbed some towels and goggles and went to the pool. The kids had a great time:











We are going to the beach early today. More predictions of rain starting after lunch. We'll hit high tide- but Riley will have to survive. I need to see the beach!

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails