Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gokey, Canon, kids

I am sitting here watching American Idol (DVR'd of course so I can FF thru the commercials). Danny Gokey is amazing. I really do think this years set of finalists are the best so far. But then again- I say that every year.

Wonder who will get the boot this week? Two of them go. I am thinking Lil and Anoop. We shall see tomorrow night. It definitely won't be Adam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the Canon goes.... my mind is UP TO HERE and then some with information overload on Digital SLR cameras. For years I have wanted a 'real' camera. In high school I took two semesters of photography my senior year and since then I have LOVED taking pictures. This love sat on the back burner of my life for quite some time until kids came along. Now- I am quite obsessed with it.

I have been researching online, in stores and in magazines for the right 'one.' I even resorted to posting a Facebook update today on this very topic. Crazy. But- I want to make sure I get the right one. I even sold a bunch of baby junk on Craig's List and the local consignment store so I could contribute. Momma doesn't have a job so that's about all I can do! These cameras are not cheap. But- it's a passion of mine.

A. Serious. Passion.

For. Real.

I have this silly little pipe dream that one day I will make some cash with this little hobby of mine. It isn't too crazy huh? Maybe one day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the kids... hummmmmm:

Jack:
  • t-ball practice tomorrow night
  • t-ball game Thursday night
  • swim lesson Thursday
  • park tomorrow
  • still LOVES baseball
  • read a book to Ri tonight for her bedtime story for the first time
  • needs a haircut
  • would buy a Lego EVERY day if we let him
  • would prefer to be shoeless

RiRi:

  • sleeping MUCH better
  • two nights in a row of not waking me up
  • sings ALL the time
  • is obsessed with flip flips
  • also needs a haircut
  • cuts triangles, squares and rectangles
  • refuses to pee in toilet ANYWHERE but home: still
  • has her 1st swim lesson Thursday (and maybe last if it doesn't go well)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's about it. Gammy and Poppy come Thursday for Jack's game and a weekend full of activities centered around the annual ALS walk in honor of Mr. Mart. And I am having lunch Friday with a dear old friend of mine who I haven't seen in years. Can't wait.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails