Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Boys will be boys


So Jack's been quite the busy beaver these days.


Just being a boy and doing boy things.


Yesterday was a great day for Jack. Todd took him to the Quail Hollow PGA Golf Tournament, formerly known as The Wachovia. They had a blast. They walked around some of the course, ate a snack in the clubhouse and Jack was able to meet a real life PGA Tour Player.


One of Todd's old school buddies from his golfing days in CT has been on tour for a long time now and done quite well for himself. JJ Henry was gracious enough to give Jack one of his personal golf balls. When we asked Jack last night what his favorite part of the day was, meeting JJ Henry was the top of his list.


T-Ball has been going well. He's been on the ballfield 7 of the last 8 days and would spend more time out there if he could. If Todd's around they usually stay late after games and practice to watch the big kids. I had to drag him out of there tonight after a 1 1/2 hour practice. He's really lovin' it and works hard. He's come a long way, yet still has a long way to go. We are very proud of him. Very proud.


And- he'll kill me one day for writing this but I have to. I went in his room tonight to get ready to put him to bed. I was fixin' his covers and noticed a big brown thing stuck to his wall.


Hummm....


Guess what it was?


A big ole' greasy booger. N.A.S.T.Y.


At some point, I assume last night because I haven't noticed it before, he wiped his gross snot on the wall. GROSS.


I scrubbed it off w/ a wipe and showed it to him. Of course he could not deny it. There was a sly grin on his face. I hope he got the hint that I wasn't too pleased.
We have spent lots of time at the park the last month or so. We get together with some boys from Jack's class about once a week at various parks in the area. We are lucky to be surrounded by quite a few nice parks near us.
Just today at the park they:
played 'monster'
teased two merciless frogs
chased the girls
berated a couple of innocent ducks
ate loads of junk food
played in the sand
climbed the jumgle gym
tried to knock a bird house down.
See a pattern here?
Like I said.
Boys will be boys.



I love you Jack!

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails