Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Updates

Kody: he's now wearing one of those collar thingies to keep him from scratching at his ear. I need to take a picture of him in it. He's so darn miserable when we put that thing on him. It's really heavy too so he sulks around w/ his head hung low, bumping into things.

We've found that once we take it off he tries to scratch at his ear right away a few times but then he's good to go, as long as we can see him. It doesn't seem to bother him after a while. We are going to try to keep it off of him when we're home and he's around us. He's been getting walked too-so that's a bonus for him.

He's also on pain meds, antibiotics and ear drops. Lordy. Can he be more high maintenance? Plus his vet bill was crazy high.

Jack: is as busy as ever. He LOVES t-ball and had a great time Monday night. He really is better at it than I thought. Of course he has a looong way to go, but he seems to be really into it.

He has his second swim lesson tomorrow. Another one of his favorite things. In fact, today, he asked if it was swim lesson day. Tomorrow, my dear.

Jack continues to have lots of 'playdates.' Todd despises this word- but that's what mommies call it when we get the kids together. I suppose we won't always say PLAYDATE- but for now- the mommy lingo works. One of the benefits of sending him to TK this year is he has made lots of new friends and they all go home w/ each other quite a bit. We usually do this two to three times a week and it works out quite well. He won't be able to do this as much once kindergarten starts since he'll be riding the bus home so it's great he's getting to do this now. Between his neighborhood friends, school friends and his other friends I feel grateful that he is surrounded by so many great kids.

Riley: actually slept all night last night w/o calling me into her room. It's so absurd to me that so many many nights I see her in the middle of the night for one reason or another b/c Jack NEVER- and I mean NEVER gets out of bed or calls for us unless he's having a croup attack, which is about 2 times a year. But my sweet dear RiRi misses me so incredibly much at night she feels the need to call out "MOMMMY!" during the night (just kidding). Seriously though. She did sleep all night last night, thank goodness.

She has had several outbursts of the hives again. I am not sure if this episode was caused by fire ants again but we went ahead and rescheduled her fire ant venom allergy testing to determine if this is the cause. She's definitely got something going on b/c two night ago she was up for about an hour itching like crazy. She had a few more yesterday and some more today. Weird.

Todd: is busy busy w/ work, as usual. He's taking Jack to a Bobcats game on Friday night w/ one of Jack's buddies and his dad so they should have a good time. Jack really likes hanging out w/ his daddy and misses him when he's not home in the evenings. Lucky for Jack he gets an entire weekend w/ JUST DADDY in two weeks since Mommy is going out of town w/ some girlfriends down to Charleston. Fun fun.

ME: I am trucking along. Soar throat and some on and off tummy aches have kept me out of the gym the last couple of days, which makes me grumpy.

I have been cleaning out closets and consigning some stuff this week. I am trying to earn some money to buy this. I am dying for a real camera. I have wanted one FOREVER and EVER and I know they are expensive and in this economy it's considered quite a luxury so I figured- what the hell? Try to sell some stuff around my house and get some money that way. I am not above begging - but considering i don't get paid for my job I gotta find some way to help pay for it!

Anyway- that's an update on the Milligan's.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Glad eerything is going well. And I know what you mean about the camera- I would loooove a good one to bring to the DR this summer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails