Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conferences

So the kids didn't have school yesterday b/c it was time for their annual conferences. Yes- even the preschools have conferences.

Like last year, I was prepared to hear the worst from Ri's teacher. I was prepared for, "She doesn't play well with others, she needs to work on her manners, etc. etc." And for the second year in a row her teacher responded: "She's great."

What? My little Ri isn't wrecking havoc on your class? She isn't the resident bully? Nope. I guess it's a good thing she behaves away from home.

Her only issue is when another kid takes something of hers she might throw the fist. Oops.

I guess it could be worse. Her teacher is amazing and we love her dearly. They are a perfect match for each other and I hope and pray we have someone just as amazing next year.

Jack, on the other hand, I knew would be an easy conference. As always, he is soaring academically. In fact, his teacher said he isn't being challenged and she is going to start working on that w/ him. Sounds good to me. There wasn't one thing on their checklist that he needed to work on.

One thing surprised me though. The main reason we sent him to TK this year was for him to build his confidence. Well- according to his teacher he is a silent leader in the class. Lots of kids follow his lead and do what he does. For instance (according to his teacher) when Jack plays Legos many of the other boys want to do what he's doing, when he's done- they're done. Kinda funny. I don't see that at all, but it makes this entire year worth it for me.

She is confident that he will soar through kindergarten and suggested I write a note to the principal requesting a challenging teacher. She doesn't want him bored. Me either.

Anyway- we are so pleased w/ their school and could not ask for better teachers. I hope our school experience continues to be so pleasant as the years go on.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails