Sunday, October 14, 2007

Vicious

The other day in the car RiRi was doing her usual ughh ughhhh- a piercing scream that, I believe, she thinks are her words. Jack and I were trying to have a conversation and she kept "butting" in with what she had to "say." It frustrated Jack to no end and he began to scream at her--- a "vicious" cycle to say the least.

So- At my wits end with these screams I said, "Riley, quit being so vicious."

Of course that prompted a discussion w/ Jack about what that word means and now he uses it frequently, along with his other newly learned word, 'expert'.

Honestly, Riley is not vicious, she just has a little 'tude' from time to time.

For example:

On Thursdays Jack takes a sports class at The Little Gym for an hour and Riley and I wait in the little waiting area w/ the other moms and their little ones. There are a couple of little girls (both a few months older than Riley) that Miss Priss runs around with. This one little sweet girl, Anna, was carrying around a doggie pull toy.

You guessed it- Riley wanted it. You cannot reason w/ a 15 month old, you just have to divert their attention, so I did a few times and her interest in the doggie seamed to wean. Well- unbeknownst to me, she decided she wanted that damn doggie and she grabbed it and Anna pulled it back.

Our daughter, our sweet little bow head girl, proceeded to lean forward, grab some skin on Anna's arm and twist it, all with a mean look on her face.

Y'all remember she's only 15 months old.

I was mortified. Mortified.

I picked her up and sat her down against the wall (I guess I thought I was going to try and give her a time out- yeah right). I looked her right in the eye and said, "Riley- no pinching. No pinching."

You will not believe what she did. She leaned over, with a huge grin on her face, and gave me a kiss.

A kiss!!!!

Ughhhh- I have no idea if I handled it the right way and thank God the other mom wasn't mad, but I have a feeling this is a sign of things to come.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails