Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Soccer....again

We decided to try soccer again. Last fall I bought Jack some soccer socks and shin guards but they were too big, so he went with just sneakers. Well, this time he is ready. I even bought him some Umbros, remember them? Takes me back to high school.


Today was supposed to be the first day. Jack was so excited. Last night he tried all his stuff on and bounced around on our bed like a kid on Christmas morning. He wore his soccer shorts to summer camp today. My kid was excited, to say the least. I picked him up a few minutes early from camp to get him home so he could nap (the camp this week tires him out, thank God). We were all set. I even had a sitter lined up for RiRi because the high today was set to be around 100- brutal.


2:20 this afternoon my phone rings. Caller ID says, YMCA. I knew what they were going to say before I even answered. Soccer was canceled today due to extreme heat. Smart move, but Jack was upset. He was really looking forward to it. So- I told him we'd play tonight. After dinner, homemade pizza made by Todd (yummm), we headed outside. Jack in his sneaks, shin guards (he keeps calling them wind shields) and soccer shorts, me in my Crocs and Todd in his bare feet for a little game of soccer.


Here are some pics.





Jack had a blast. Hopefully this ridiculous heat will break so we can play on Thursday.


Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails