Saturday, March 10, 2007

Out of commission

Yes, I am out of commission once again.

It started on Thursday afternoon with a mild sore throat. I didn't think much about it, actually, since it didn't hurt that bad.

Not the same on Friday.

I woke around 5 a.m. (Todd's in Vegas by the way) barely able to swallow. I had the aches and shakes and felt like crap. Jack woke up soon thereafter, which was so annoying. He's been waking up earlier than usual the last week or two, so I let him get in the bed w/ me and told him to go back to sleep. Yeah right.

I took some Ibuprofen and when it was clear Jack wasn't going back to sleep I got him some cereal and turned a movie on in his playroom so I could doze until Riley woke up at 7:00.

I had planned on going to Columbia to hang w/ friends and family until tonight, since Todd's flies back late tonight. I wavered back and forth all morning yesterday, but finally decided against it. Fortunately my mom came up last night to help me.

I went to the Dr. this morning and I have bad strep throat! Ughhh.... It's unbelievable. I told my friend Laura yesterday (when I called to cancel dinner w/ her in Columbia last night) that I hadn't been this sick (since the holidays) in the last 5 plus years TOTAL. So many of our friends have been sick a lot this winter along with their kids. It's amazing. I hope this is my last bought. I think I have taken enough hits the last 2 1/2 months.

Until next time....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails