Monday, November 20, 2006

Socks

When Jack was a baby he wore plain white socks, once in a while we'd bust out with navy, gray or red ones. Most of the time these socks came from Old Navy or some cheap place like Target or something. Not Riley. She's styling with the cutest socks ever. The great thing about these socks is they've all been gifts, so I don't have to justify spending $20.00 on a box of socks for a baby to Todd (even though I would totally buy them).

A couple of months ago Riley received her first box from her 2nd or 3rd cousin (not sure how that works) Christian and her family. They looked like little ballet slippers. I thought, how cute and she wore them frequently. Next came a box of socks from one of Todd's co-workers. These were the same Trumpette brand, but this time adorned with elephants. I thought, humm, these must be popular socks. I started noticing all the baby girls out there in these cute socks. This past weekend Jen, a college roommate of mine, sent Riley the ones you see below. Let me tell you, they are called Mary Janes and adorable. She wore TWO pairs yesterday. The hot pink you see here and the lime green ones after a clothing change from a spitter. She sure is stylish.


Jack still wears white socks, but now he's been upgraded to the shoe store socks, his favorite.


2 comments:

msrandom said...

YAY!!! I made your blog! And, Riley looks so cute in the Mary Jane socks. I'm glad she (and you!) are enjoying them. I can't wait to come down sometime and finally meet her and hang out with Jack again!
Miss you LOTS! Have a wonderful T'giving and let's catch up after Turkey Day! Love ~ JEN

PaaPaa (Pat) said...

Yes indeed....Riley is a fashion statement. She is growing so fast it is hard to find something to fit her in her drawer. I should have looked in the closet. I am sure it is full. Thank you Jen for those fabulous socks. She is so darn cute in them. They look like shoes and socks and you do have to come down soon!!! Jack and Riley will only be small once.

Related Posts with Thumbnails