Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Caution: body parts discussed

Jack has always called bumps in the road bump-bumps, whether they be potholes, speedbumps, grates, manholes, whatever. If he feels us going over them, he says, "Whoa Mommy that was a big bump-bump." Or, he'll drive his digger or bike around the neighborhood and make a pitstop over all the rain grates and manholes (I think that's what they're called) and say, "Look, I'm driving over the bump-bump." No big deal right? Well, here is what he said a few nights ago.

We're getting ready to take a bath, Jack is naked (which he loves) and I am getting Riley undressed. While I undress her, he sits in her rocking chair and plays with himself. Yes, he does this all the time, for the last year and a half, so it's no big deal to me. I just ignore it and move right along. Comments like, "Mommy, I have a big-big pee pee," just go in one ear and out the other now-a-days b/c he says them so much. Mind you, we have had numerous discussions about his "body" being private, etc. etc. etc. and how he can't play with himself in public and how noone is allowed to touch him there and all that stuff.

Well, back to the other night. He's rocking in Riley's chair fiddling with himself and my back is facing him. Here's our discussion:

Jack: Mommy, are these private too?
Me: What honey?
Jack: These things, right here.
Me: What honey, what things?
Jack: My bump-bumps.
Me: You're what?
Jack: My bump-bumps.
Me: (Albeit, a bit confused, I turn around, grab Riley off the changing table and walk over to the chair) You're what honey?
Jack: These mommy, my bump-bumps. (And he proceeds to lift his pee pee up and point to his TESTICLES!!!!)

I about died. He called his testicles his bump-bumps. I couldn't wait to tell someone. Now I am just waiting for him to tell some lady that her chest is called, bump-bumps.

Until next time...

1 comment:

PaaPaa (Pat) said...

This is the best one yet. Where does this child come up with this stuff?? I can see that you and Todd are in for the long haul with this absolutely delightful child. He certainly makes life very interesting and humorous. Now that little Riley 'Rose'.....she already is a little pistol at 5 months.

Related Posts with Thumbnails