Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Riley Monroe


My sweet Riley. I just want to tell you- because one day you are going to ask- I signed you up for transitional kindergarten today.

I just think you need one more year. One more year to learn. One more year to practice your reading. One more year to 'be the oldest' and 'not the youngest.' One more year to grow. One more year to flourish.

It's certainly not going to hurt. I know I won't regret it. Girls are mean at times. Girls are competitive with each other at times. Girls can be girls, at times. Giving you the gift of age, the gift of being the eldest, will hopefully keep your confidence high.

I want you to grow up to be a strong woman and I hope you'll realize that this is a gift of time we are giving you. Move mountains my little girl.








Do you think she is ready for Swisher to come home in three days?

She's beyond ready.


We sat down at dinner last night and I said, "Ok- let's list some things you guys are going to do to help with Swisher." (Thinking feeding/walking/etc...)

Riley promptly says:

I will feed him, love him, kiss him, let him sleep, play with him and pick up his poop.

Well then- I think we're all set!

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails