Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Weekend in Pictures


Our trip to New York City was quite a whirlwind, to say the least.

We headed over to Hoboken, NJ Thursday night (after a few 'extra' subway rides) and got to hang out w/ this fella:
(Excuse the quality of the pic- cell phone only up north)

This little guy, Andrew, is about the sweetest thing ever. He hung out on my lap for a while- just chillin'. It was awesome. We ate amazing Italian take-out, drank wine and hung out w/ Andrew's parents.

Friday was a marathon New York City day. The kind of day where you look back on it and think to yourself- how the hell did we fit all that in? We were only there for one full day so we had to squeeze it all in. By the end of the day we were e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d.

We did our normal NYC stuff: the tree, watching the ice skaters, F.A.O. Schwartz, Lego Store, Central Park (just the outskirts for a brief respite), lunch at a diner, American Girl....



And we did something we had never done together: The Metropolitan Museum of Art. We maybe saw 25% of it. That place is GINORMOUS. And gorgeous. I'd love to fly solo in there- soaking in all that art and knowledge. It was awesome.



And then on a whim we headed over to Times Square and stood in the TKTS line. We lucked out and scored awesome seats to see the musical In the Heights. And the tickets were 50% off- even better. In my humble-I've-only-seen-two-other-shows-on-Broadway-opinion it was AWESOME. It was current, hip, modern and the music was relatable. I loved it. So glad we waited in that line.



We hooked up an earlier flight home and saw this at LGA airport. I couldn't resist taking a pic.


No rest for the weary- we hit up a Christmas party back home last night and then today I went to see the Nutcracker w/ Ri and a few of her girls.

She LOVED it - until the intermission. By then her ridiculously short attention span had given way to dreams of candy canes and she was ready to hit the road. She mustered through and we made it home - with only a tad bit of drama.



Oh yeah- I squeezed in my first ever 'photo shoot for pay' session this morning. Oh how would I love to do this more. We'll see. I went to my new fave local spot and I snapped a few pics.





The girls were cold and cute and photogenic as hell. I hope I get to photograph them again- when it's not 34 degrees out:).

And for the most exciting news of our lives these days:


Swisher was born on Thursday- 12/2.


While Ri and I were at the Nutcracker Todd and Jack went to see the pups. They don't even have their eyes open. HOW CUTE ARE THEY?


Palin had 9 puppies: 6 girls and 3 boys. We are first pick for a boy so there's only 3 to choose from. Jack fell in love w/ Mr. Orange. He was born last and was the biggest. We'll see how the next few weeks pan out w/ the pups before we finally decide. But- I must say so myself- he's a cutie.


I think we're going back next Sunday so Ri and I can meet them too.


Oh my goodness.... so sweet.


We can't wait to bring Swish home!


Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails